You might not know this about me but I am an admitted coat hoarder! Autumn/Winter fashion is my favourite and so what could possibly suit me better than shopping for the winter staple of a coat or jacket? Chloe and I were tweeting the other day about wanting to find the perfect pink coat and that conversation has inspired me to do a coat wish list or inspiration post. As most of you Raindrops will know pink is this season's colour! A colour that scares away the fair girls out there - especially me, but I think the coats are so cute so I want one anyways! At London Fashion Weekend there was a whole runway show dedicated to pink. It can be worn in so many ways, from a cheeky pink accessory (Maybe a pink satchel? Or a cheeky pink heel?), to a dress suit and my favourite: the coat. Tweed is another trend that's in inspired by the current Victoriana A/W13 trend. Monochrome (or black and white in general) are two of my favourite styles and featured those too!
1) A Topshop pale pink boyfriend jacket and a lovely number for this season. It's not my favourite out of these 8 but I would still treasure it! I'm not sure if I would lash out and spend £89 (not including student discount) on it though as I think it might be too pale of a pink, leaning to more of a cream than pink, and I'm not crazy in love with the colour - I like it but i'd prefer more of one.
2) River Island (sold on ASOS) has wowed me with this number! I originally saw it when I saw Ellis instagram (instagram @elrbx) it. I fell in love with it instantly and for only £65 I think it's a bargain and what can I say? I love fur collars! If the pink trend isn't for you, you can also pick up the coat in grey!
3) I think this is my favourite of the pink coats. Another Topshop number this blush fluffy coat is perfect! For only £79 I think it's great. I love the collar and length of it and I think it is the perfect shade of pale pink. If pink isn't doing it for you again it also comes in blue, white ( I love), yellow and black!
4) I love this coat! I have never owned a tweed coat and I think the contrast with the solid black makes it a lot more modern and in style than some others i've seen. As you have probably noticed I love my coat collars and the solid black one is so nice! I think it makes the coat more easy to style as you can wear more underneath it that comes up above the colour. The back of this coat is fully back and I love the shape it has. The coat has so much movement, it might not be as useful as a fur-lined parka for the English winters but fashion is pain right. The coat is pricey for what it is at £90 but it seems great quality and transitional!
5) If you follow me on twitter you might already know how much I want a black fur coat. I originally nearly bought one by French Connection but realised it wasn't perfect, it had no collar and a low neckline and it was almost cropped, so I wasn't going to spend £80 on it. This however is the same price and I would definitely spend that amount on something this well made. You can tell by the photo how soft and comfy the coat would be. It has a nice length and collar and looks so warm.
6) When I first saw a picture of this Topshop jacket I wasn't a huge fan, but then I saw it on the model and loved it. I like how voluminous the white fur collar is and the contrast it makes. Is it bad I want it because it looks a bit like my chihuahua? It seems so snuggly and great quality, and at £95 it should be.
7) I don't know what not to say about this Minkpink (sold on ASOS) coat. It's amazing: fluffy, furry and monochrome and worth the £90.
8) I love this jacket so much. I think white in the winter looks so sleek and clean. The fur looks so soft and I think the jacket is just so fashionable. I love the slightly angled zip and the pockets on the front. Not only is this the last jacket i'm featuring, it's also the most expensive at £120 but I think I would splash out on this. It's not the most efficient coat for the price but definitely one of the cutest!
Definitely check out Chloe's blog, it's linked in the intro of this post and follow her on twitter! Check out Ellis' too, her instagram and blog are both linked! They're both great and I definitely take inspiration from their posts. Which coat trend is your favourite this season? Which one of my picks do you like the most? I think my favourite is number 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. All photos were sourced from a website and I did not take any of these photographs. These jackets were all found on Topshop and ASOS.